Up the Downstair

Being a weeklie podcaste from Madison, Wisconsin featuring several remarkable curiosities therein occurring being a compendium of live music from divers artistes

Me & Bruce D.

February 12th, 2007

Before we bid farewell to all things Iron Maiden, I want to include this last bit. Note the stylish late-80s hair.

me mullet Me & Bruce D.

This is your humble narrator circa fall of 1988 – about a year before he started listening to Maiden. Now here is Bruce Dickinson, lead singer of the band.

bruce mullet Me & Bruce D.

I suppose I was fated to be a Maiden fan, having the same haircut as their singer. Also note that really cool t-shirt I have on…

Related posts:

1. Show #10: Witch's Brew
  2. Show #64: Up the Irons!
  3. Show #105: Caught Somewhere on Tour (Maiden '86)
  4. Air Guitar, But for Real
  5. New Dark Ages – Felonious Bosch

12 Responses to “Me & Bruce D.”

1. arch stanton says:

I’ve signed us up for an access hour on WORT for a show I’d like to call ” Talkin’ Maiden”. We would take calls, play rarities like their cover of ” Cross Eyed Mary” (which isn’t as good as you’d think),and generally talk Maiden.

Also Suicide Girls in Maiden Shirts, You got your chocolate in my peanut butter !

2. Palmer says:

Dude, I’m there! Can we do a duet of “Charlotte the Harlot”?

3. archstanton says:

Dude, I believe the term is “Dudet”.

Start writing your setlist

4. Call Me Ishmael says:

Is that a yearbook picture?

It’s just like I remember you!

5. Anonymous says:

*gasp*

…can’t breathe…

laughing…too…hard…

The D

6. Palmer says:

Herr Stanton – I’ll ponder the setlist tonight. Can we have a WWII fighter pilot fugue with “Aces High” and “Tailgunner”?

7. Palmer says:

The D can shut her piehole now. We’ll see how Valentine’s Day goes with comments like that.

8. Palmer says:

Call Me Ishmael – yes, that’s from the yearbook. My hair is much different now. Hopefully Sarah T.’s is as well. ;)

9. Palmer says:

Ok, dudet, if we’re gonna do rarities, then we’ve gotta play the best of their b-sides, “Sheriff of Huddersfield”. Classic. Also, we’ve got to play something by these ladies:

10. Palmer says:

I am so bummed out. I went to look for my old VHS copy of Maiden England but it’s nowhere to be found. :(

11. arch stanton says:

Not to worry I picked up the Early Days DVD which includes:

Documentaries (115 min)
    The Early Years – 90 minute Feature Documentary
    20th Century Box – Heavy Metal (1980) – 25 minute feature. -Which covers such ‘new’ fads as head banging and ‘air guitar’

Live At The Rainbow – 1981 (35 mins)
    Ides Of March
    Wrathchild
    Killers
    Remember Tomorrow
    Transylvania
    Phantom Of The Opera
    Iron Maiden

Live At Hammersmith 1982 – Beast On The Road (45 mins)
    Murders in The Rue Morgue
    Run to The Hills
    Children Of The Damned
    Number Of The Beast
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Total Eclipse
    The Prisoner
    Hallowed Be Thy Name
    Iron Maiden

Live at Rock & Pop Festival 1983 Dortmund – World Piece Tour (35 mins)
    Sanctuary
    The Trooper
    Revelations
    Flight Of Icarus
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Number Of The Beast
    Run To The Hills

Live at The Ruskin Arms – 1980 (40 mins)
    Sanctuary
    Wrathchild
    Prowler
    Remember Tomorrow
    Running Free
    Transylvania
    Another Life
    Phantom Of The Opera
    Charlotte the Harlot

Extras (40 mins)
    Live on Top Of the Pops – Running Free and Women In Uniform
    Live on Rock and Pop – Germany TV – Running Free
    Promo videos – Women In Uniform / Run To The Hills / Number Of The Beast/ Flight Of Icarus / The Trooper

Women in Uniform has to make the set list as I always find it hilarious that the same “serious’ artistes that turned Rime of the Ancient Mariner into a 16 minute opus could pen such thoughtful lyrics :Women in uniform, sometimes they look so cold
    Women in uniform, but, Oh! They feel so warm !

12. Palmer says:

And when are you we going on the air?